- Size: Approx. 20cm
For hundreds of years, white sage (salvia apiana) has been considered a sacred, cleansing, purifying, and protective plant. White sage has been often burned in rituals and ceremonies for centuries as smudging. It is one of the most oldest and well-known herbs for energy cleansing for your home or sacred space. Besides removing negative energy in your home, using white sage to helps to neutralizes the energy and enhancing your intuition. White Sage is also used for health and prosperity, releases spirit, and encourages protection.
Sage aids in emitting negative ions and our aura holds positive ions. Through the smudging process, we can neutralize our aura or the energy of other spaces and objects to cleanse and renew.
How do you smudge a house?
- Before you start make sure all windows and doors are open so the smoke can go out as you want the negative energy be released back to mother earth.
- Start at the front door of the home and light your smudge stick.
- When lighting the smudge stick light the tip of the leaves, allowing it to burn for 5 - 10 seconds, and gently blow on the leaves to create smoke.
- Hold in a heatproof container, smudge pot, or shell so the ashes do not go all over the floor/furniture.
- Slowly move among your rooms, gently waving the stick in the air. Fan smoke with your hand, smudge fan, or smudge feather.
- Move mindfully when you are going from room to room with care walking clockwise around the entire perimeter of the home. Be sure to allow the smoke to drift into even the hidden spaces, like inside closets, basements, and dark corners.
- If you are cleansing a room, move in a counterclockwise direction to banish negativity, and clockwise for invoking.
- After use, gently extinguish the smoke in the sand or a small dish of water.
- Store in a dry place for future use.
What do you say when you cleanse your house with sage?
Use this example prayer - you could simply say:
'Sacred and holy ones, please clear this place of stagnant and negative energy.'
Then you may says after you are finished smudging,
'You can thank them and the sage they have help.'
Can you reuse a smudge stick?
You may reuse a smudge stick but put it out under running water. You may put the sage in the sun to dry out before you reuse it again but if you crush it out it will continue to smolder and be a fire hazard.
Please take note:
- Healing and other properties given are for information purposes only and should not be used to replace medical advice or treatment.
- Always use caution when burning smudge sticks, they are hot and will burn the skin and holes in the fabric.
- If you are pregnant or nursing consults a physician before using smudge sticks.
- Keep an unlit and burning smudge sticks away from children and pets. Curiosity can lead to accidents and injury.
- Burn smudge sticks in a ventilated area.
Please note: The price is per one piece, intuitively picked for you. Due to the nature of the white sage stick, they may vary slightly in shape, size, color, and pattern.
This product is organically grown and sourced from sustainable farms.