- Size: Approx. 20cm
This chakra smudge stick is adorned with seven colorful rose petals, intended to bring balance to both the physical and spiritual aspects of love. Practiced for centuries, white sage (salvia apiana) is known for its sacred, cleansing, purifying, and protective properties. Additionally, burning white sage can help to neutralize energy and boost intuition. It effectively releases negative ions into the aura, neutralizing the energy of spaces and objects. Smudging with white sage can promote health and prosperity, as well as spirit release and protection.
How do you smudge a house?
- Before you start, make sure all windows and doors are open so the smoke can go out, as you want the negative energy to be released back to Mother Earth.
- Start at the front door of the home and light your smudge stick.
- When lighting the smudge stick light, light the tip of the leaves, allowing it to burn for 5–10 seconds, and gently blow on the leaves to create smoke.
- Hold in a heatproof container, smudge pot, or shell so the ashes do not go all over the floor or furniture.
- Slowly move among your rooms, gently waving the stick in the air. Fan smoke with your hand, smudge fan, or smudge feather.
- Move mindfully when you are going from room to room with care, walking clockwise around the entire perimeter of the home. Be sure to allow the smoke to drift into even the most hidden spaces, like inside closets, basements, and dark corners.
- If you are cleansing a room, move in a counterclockwise direction to banish negativity and clockwise for invoking.
- After use, gently extinguish the smoke in the sand or a small dish of water.
- Store it in a dry place for future use.
What do you say when you cleanse your house with sage?
Use this example prayer; you could simply say:
'Sacred and holy ones, please clear this place of stagnant and negative energy.'
Then you may say, after you are finished smudging,
'You can thank them and the sage for their help.'
Smudging yourself or another person?
You can also smudge yourself or another person by doing the same thing, from head to toe. Multiple bundles of Seven Chakra White Sage
Can you reuse a smudge stick?
You may reuse a smudge stick, but put it out under running water. You may put the sage in the sun to dry out before you reuse it again, but if you crush it out, it will continue to smolder and be a fire hazard.
Please take note:
- Healing and other properties given are for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace medical advice or treatment.
- Always use caution when burning smudge sticks; they are hot and will burn the skin and create holes in the fabric.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, consult a physician before using smudge sticks.
- Keep unlit and burning smudge sticks away from children and pets. Curiosity can lead to accidents and injuries.
- Burn smudge sticks in a ventilated area.
Please note: The price is for one hand-selected piece. Due to the nature of the white sage, slight variations in shape, size, color, and pattern may occur. This product is organically sourced from Certified Sustainable Farms in California.