- Size: 18cm approx
This smudge stick contains Lavender Leaf and White Sage. It is one of the oldest and most well-known herbs for energy cleansing your home. Besides removing negative energy, using sage to cleanse a home helps to neutralize the energy of the space, enhancing your intuition. Lavender brings positive energy, opens the heart chakra, and calms the mind. Lavender is for healing, purification, and chastity. White Sage is for protection.
For hundreds of years, white sage (salvia apiana) has been considered a sacred, cleansing, purifying, and protective plant. Used in rituals and ceremonies for centuries, white sage is often burned in a ritual known as smudging. Smudging is a cleansing ceremony used to rid a person, space, or object of negative energy or even bad spirits.
Sage emits negative ions and our aura holds positive ions. Through the smudging process, we can neutralize our aura or the energy of other spaces and objects to cleanse and renew.
How do you smudge a house?
Start at the front door of the home and light your smudge stick. Then, begin to move around the home. Move mindfully and with care, walking clockwise around the entire perimeter of the home. Be sure to allow the smoke to drift into even the hidden spaces, like inside closets, basements, and dark corners. Open windows to let the negative energy be released back to mother earth.
- Light the smudge stick at the tip of the leaves, allow to burn for 5 - 10 seconds, and gentle blow on the embers to create smoke.
- Hold in a heatproof container, smudge pot, or shell.
- Slowly move among rooms, gently waving the stick in the air. Fan smoke with your hand, smudge fan, or smudge feather.
- If you are cleansing a room, move in a counterclockwise direction to banish negativity, and clockwise for invoking.
- After use, gently extinguish the smoke in the sand or a small dish of water.
- Store in a dry place for future use.
What do you say when you cleanse your house with sage?
Use this example prayer.
“You could simply say: 'Sacred and holy ones, please clear this place of stagnant and negative energy,'” he says. “And after you are finished working, you can thank them and the sage for their help.” According to him, it's a solid stand-in that'll do the job just fine.
Can you reuse a smudge stick?
If you are using a smudge stick, put it out under running water. After it dries you can reuse it, but if you crush it out it will continue to smolder and be a fire hazard.
This product is organically grown and sourced from sustainable farms.
Please take note:
- Healing and other properties given are for information purposes only and should not be used to replace medical advice or treatment.
- Always use caution when burning smudge sticks, they are hot and will burn the skin and holes in the fabric.
- If you are pregnant or nursing consults a physician before using smudge sticks.
- Keep unlit and burning smudge sticks away from children and pets. Curiosity can lead to accidents and injury.
- Burn smudge sticks in a ventilated area.
Please note: The price is per one piece, intuitively picked for you. Due to the nature of the white sage stick, they may vary slightly in shape, size, color, and pattern.