- Length: 10cm approx
Mugwort being used encourages dreams, visions, enhancing psychic skills. It calms the energy of a person, especially when ingested as tea & helps to awaken the Third Eye, aiding in deeper subconscious travel & spirit world communications. It enhances dreamwork, helping one to better recall dreams for journaling & deciphering messages. When burned as an incense at Samhain, it works as an offering to call upon the Ancestors, Creating a stronger bond between the thin veil of the physical world & the spirit world. Mugwort is an important herb to incorporate into practice when one is trying to awaken one psychic sense & evolve spiritually.
Black Sage is an herb of introspection and inner healing. When burnt before bedtime, it aids in restful sleep and pleasant dreams. Black Sage is used for astral travel, shamanic journeying, and protection during such excursions.
In some magical traditions, mugwort is associated with divination and dreaming. To bring about prophecy and divinatory success, make incense of mugwort to burn at your workspace, or use it in smudge sticks around the area in which you are performing divination rituals.
Black Sage won’t cause you to “trip” or wildly hallucinate. At most, it may intensify your efforts at visualization and vivify your dreams.
How do you smudge a house?
Start at the front door of the home and light your smudge stick. Then, begin to move around the home. Move mindfully and with care, walking clockwise around the entire perimeter of the home. Be sure to allow the smoke to drift into even the hidden spaces, like inside closets, basements, and dark corners. Open windows to let the negative energy be released back to mother earth.
- Light the smudge stick at the tip of the leaves, allow to burn for 5 - 10 seconds, and gentle blow on the embers to create smoke.
- Hold in a heatproof container, smudge pot, or shell.
- Slowly move among rooms, gently waving the stick in the air. Fan smoke with your hand, smudge fan, or smudge feather.
- If you are cleansing a room, move in a counterclockwise direction to banish negativity, and clockwise for invoking.
- After use, gently extinguish the smoke in the sand or a small dish of water.
- Store in a dry place for future use.
What do you say when you cleanse your house with sage?
Use this example prayer.
“You could simply say: 'Sacred and holy ones, please clear this place of stagnant and negative energy,'” he says. “And after you are finished working, you can thank them and the sage for their help.” According to him, it's a solid stand-in that'll do the job just fine.
Can you reuse a smudge stick?
If you are using a smudge stick, put it out under running water. After it dries you can reuse it, but if you crush it out it will continue to smolder and be a fire hazard.
Please take note:
- Healing and other properties given are for information purposes only and should not be used to replace medical advice or treatment.
- Always use caution when burning smudge sticks, they are hot and will burn the skin and holes in the fabric.
- If you are pregnant or nursing consults a physician before using smudge sticks.
- Keep unlit and burning smudge sticks away from children and pets. Curiosity can lead to accidents and injury.
- Burn smudge sticks in a ventilated area.
Please note: The price is per one piece, intuitively picked for you. Due to the nature of the white sage stick, they may vary slightly in shape, size, color, and pattern.